Joshua Tarrant

I created this blog to keep track of my racing exploits. I am currently racing with a great elite team out of Michigan (Team Lathrup/Giant)formerly Ford/Giant Cycling team. This makes it easy for my family to read about my races and see pictures of me in action. Thank you very much for positive comments and for reading

Monday, June 11, 2007

Tour of Cedar Creek

Sunday was the Michigan State Road Race Championships at Cedar Creek. I have to be honest, I appreciate West Michigan Coastal Riders for putting on the event and the hard work that goes into it, but the course just isn't good enough for the state road race to be at in my opinion. The race is too short and the course is not selective enough. It allows weaker riders to control the race a little too much and race too defensively. The race was a little too negative. I didn't have good legs and I knew this going into the race, but it was a game of chase the strong guys all day. Notably myself and Scott Riddle where targeted. It was a little frustrating, but that just goes with racing I guess. The team ended up pretty well with Meurig taking 2nd, Rob 5th and Brian 7th. We did our first lead out train and it went pretty successfully for the first try on the fly. Anyways, on to Allen Park before heading up north for Superior Bike Fest. I have about 5 weeks to ramp up for Nationals and get my form back. Hopefully it will work out as planned.

1 Comments:

At 9:31 PM, Blogger Echelon said...

glad your bike didn't fly off the roof rack at 80mph. see you at allen park.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home