Joshua Tarrant

I created this blog to keep track of my racing exploits. I am currently racing with a great elite team out of Michigan (Team Lathrup/Giant)formerly Ford/Giant Cycling team. This makes it easy for my family to read about my races and see pictures of me in action. Thank you very much for positive comments and for reading

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Joe Martin Stage #1 (the perfectly timed flat)

Stage one was pretty uneventful, We cruised for the first 40 miles or so until the break of 3 got about 8min on the field and then Jelly Belly, Toyota and Health Net went to the front and started drilling it. There was one tough climb about 9miles long that was the hardest part of the day. I caught the back of the Toyota train bringing Dominguez up to the front and found myself sitting about 20th wheel with about 3miles to go. We passed over a bridge with about 1mile to leading into town. On the far side of the bridged I went over a little bump and felt my rim hit the pavement. Fuck!!!! a flat with 1mile to go in the race. Awesome. I got a quick change, but there is no such thing as a chasing back on to a 35mph leadout, at least not for me. I rode in and was pretty happy to see that i wasn't docked any time for it. They didn't penalize me for coming in a few seconds late. Today the stage starts at 8am so I am up at 5:30 forcing food down and getting ready for the 95miler today. The TT starts tonight and is a tough 2.1mile uphill run. I go off at 7:35:30. Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Blogger Little Bits of Everything said...

nice job bro, I hope you like that TT, Lemme know how it felt, cuz I wanted to die after it a few years ago!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home