Joshua Tarrant

I created this blog to keep track of my racing exploits. I am currently racing with a great elite team out of Michigan (Team Lathrup/Giant)formerly Ford/Giant Cycling team. This makes it easy for my family to read about my races and see pictures of me in action. Thank you very much for positive comments and for reading

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Joe Martin Stage #3 (getting rocked in the uphill TT

So the second stage of the race was a 2.5mile uphill TT. I showed up and got a good warm up and rode the course to see what it was like. It's not a terribly tough climb, but just riding it and trying to ride it really fast are two very different things. I started out strong but about half way up I knew i was going way too slow to have an impact on the race. I knew the winning time would be around 8min and some change. I rolled in 9min 45sec. Well of pace and good enough for 95th place on the day. Not so hot, I think i'll keep my heavy ass to the flatter time trials. I was disappointed, but i knew this was not a TT i was going to win. So anyways, one stage left and i hear it's a killer, usually only about 30 to 40 finishers, so it's gonna be survival to the max. Thanks for reading and wish me luck tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 1:58 AM, Blogger Little Bits of Everything said...

Good Luck,
There are some nice corners in that crit, so just be attentive. We are all rooting for ya, and I dont wanna call cuz you need the recovery time. Best of luck dude.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home