Joshua Tarrant

I created this blog to keep track of my racing exploits. I am currently racing with a great elite team out of Michigan (Team Lathrup/Giant)formerly Ford/Giant Cycling team. This makes it easy for my family to read about my races and see pictures of me in action. Thank you very much for positive comments and for reading

Monday, May 28, 2007

The Great Race proved to be GREAT!!

So after traveling 14hrs in the car on Saturday, I decided I would go down to the Great Race in Elkhart, IN and do the crit down there. I needed some redemption for my bad luck at the Raleigh Crit in North Carolina. I spent 2 full days just brewing over the little things that cost me having a good showing there. So Houston and I went down and I watched him do the Master's 40+ and then we both did the CAT 1/2/3 race. The field was pretty small about 45 or so, and only 2 big teams were there, NUVO and Metlife. I really didn't now anybody there. About 30min in lit out and was joined by a few others. It ended up being a 12 up break. I attacked again to thin it out and six of us including Houston split and lapped the field. As soon as we caught the field I attacked again and brought 3 of the guys from the break with me. We were working hard and had a decent advantage. On the last lap I countered a jump by one of the guys with 3/4 or a lap to go and soloed in for the win. It felt good to get another victory and lift my spirits going into the Gaslight crit in Grand Rapids today.

1 Comments:

At 6:28 PM, Blogger Luke Kujacznski said...

hey, use spell check. you might very well be the only profesional cyclist out there, hahahahahahahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home