Joshua Tarrant

I created this blog to keep track of my racing exploits. I am currently racing with a great elite team out of Michigan (Team Lathrup/Giant)formerly Ford/Giant Cycling team. This makes it easy for my family to read about my races and see pictures of me in action. Thank you very much for positive comments and for reading

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Joe Martin Stage 4 (the killer Crit)

Today was the final stage of the Joe Martin Stage Race. The Crit course is probably the hardest i have ever seen, The climb to the finish is relentless, and it is truly a survival type of course. I rolled out of bed this morning and felt like crap, but after a good breakfast and some stretching i had my self convinced that all would be well. The first mistake of the race happened before the gun even went off. I had a good start spot, but had to take a last minute pee break, and in that 45seconds I lost my spot and was at the back. This course is tough to move up in because you are either climbing (fans out wide and can't move up) or descending (single file into corners at 40mph) So I started at the back and began picking off guys 3 at a time per lap. Unfortunately in a field of 150 0r so, at this rate I would get to the front on the last lap, or guys would start to blow and I would have to close gaps and then i would blow up. Well, about 40min in guys started opening huge gaps on the climb and after 5 laps in a row of closing down gaps up the finishing climb, i was done. I blew up and rode by myself until the officials pulled me for being too slow. I have to say, I'm a little disappointed but at the same time, i realize I have never done this level of stage race before so all in all, I am satisfied and believe I can make big improvements in a short period of time. All in all i give myself an A for effort and a C- for performance. But I always have been my toughest critic. Time to get rested up for Tri-Peaks and take my next beating.

1 Comments:

At 11:35 PM, Blogger Little Bits of Everything said...

you did good man! Wasn't that crit the shits? Anyhow good luck at tri-peaks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home