Joshua Tarrant

I created this blog to keep track of my racing exploits. I am currently racing with a great elite team out of Michigan (Team Lathrup/Giant)formerly Ford/Giant Cycling team. This makes it easy for my family to read about my races and see pictures of me in action. Thank you very much for positive comments and for reading

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Joe Martin Stage #2

Today bright and early (8am) we set our for the 95mile stage #2 of Joe Martin. This race had the field ride 12miles out do 3 tough circuits, then race back for a quick downhill sprint. The circuits were unbelievably hard and we raced flat out for the first hour before the break went clear. I gave it a go with about 10 others and we got a small gap but got reeled back in. I went back to the pack content to hang out and expend as little energy as possible for the day. The climbs were really steep today and relentless in number. The break was caught with about 30miles to which is never good because then the attacks are horrible until another one goes or the race finishes. In this case the race finished. On the decent to the finish I came over the hill about 40th or so and spun down the hill as fast as my 53/12 would let me. Not fast enough and too far back I cruised in safely and avoided any finishing shenanigans. The day was tough, we did 95miles in 3.5hrs. Pretty quick considering the terrain. Tonight is the uphill time trial, I figure I will either do pretty well or get my ass handed to me. We will have to see. Thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home