Joshua Tarrant

I created this blog to keep track of my racing exploits. I am currently racing with a great elite team out of Michigan (Team Lathrup/Giant)formerly Ford/Giant Cycling team. This makes it easy for my family to read about my races and see pictures of me in action. Thank you very much for positive comments and for reading

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Tri-Peaks (a brief synopsis)

Thursday began Tri peaks with a tough little stage that ended with a 10mile climb up MT. Magazine. 15 miles into the race i hit a sharp object in the road and flatted my front tires. The caravan is small that by the time I got it changed the whole race was almost out of site and the Shimano neutral guys hopped in their car and zoomed off. I chased for 20miles nonstop before I finally made the junction to the back of the cars and then into the field. After catching my breath I moved to the front where I gave a few digs to get up the road. I followed good wheels such as Andy Bajahadi of Jelly Belly and Henk Vogels of Toyota United to try and get something going. I hit the base of the 10mile climb up Mt. magazine and was pretty torched from the days efforts. I made it about halfway up the climb with the field but cracked and came in off the back a little. The next days stage was one of the hardest racing days i've ever had. They called it the epic with 10,000 ft of climbing. There was only one really big climb, but it was up and down all day. I stayed at the front and waited til the end to give it a go. With 5K to go I was actually feeling really good and was trying to key up on a strong rider looking to make a move. I saw Toyota's Justin England moving up the right side of the field just before a steep little climb and I jumped on his wheel. We made a hard effort but health net shut it down pretty quick and spoiled the little coup. I finished in the field on a very tough day. The next day saw the coming of a tough little crit with about 8 turns in it. I didn't feel well and had some bad luck with a flat and then getting caught behind a crash and chasing on. That nigh was the 5.5 mile flat TT. I again didn't feel very spunky but put everything I had into it and came out with a solid 16th place. about 30sec off the win. I was satisfied with the result and know i can improve upon them next season. Next up is the Raleigh NRC Crit in downtown Raleigh, NC. I got to visit my dad and do some fishing in the ocean. I've got some cool pics that will follow. Thanks for reading.