Joshua Tarrant

I created this blog to keep track of my racing exploits. I am currently racing with a great elite team out of Michigan (Team Lathrup/Giant)formerly Ford/Giant Cycling team. This makes it easy for my family to read about my races and see pictures of me in action. Thank you very much for positive comments and for reading

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Next Up US National Championships

This weekend I will down in 7springs Pennsylvania for the US National Championships. I will be doing the Time Trial on Friday and then the Road Race on Monday. The Time Trial suits me pretty well from what I've gathered about the course. It is 24K and fairly flat with some rollers in it. I'm going with expectations of a top 5 in the TT and maybe a chance of winning it. You never know who is gonna be there and there are so many guys who I've never raced against. I'm mostly hoping to give it an honest shot with good legs and see how i stack up. The road race is going to be a tough one. The course is 140k with a lot of really hard climbs and a field of 175 ambitions trigger happy CAT1 racers. I'm a little worried about the feed zones because this is always a problem in big races and you need good feeds in a race this long. Feed zones become a really mess with that many guys and a lot of crashes can happen in those situations. So wish me luck and good legs and maybe I'll surprise myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home