Joshua Tarrant

I created this blog to keep track of my racing exploits. I am currently racing with a great elite team out of Michigan (Team Lathrup/Giant)formerly Ford/Giant Cycling team. This makes it easy for my family to read about my races and see pictures of me in action. Thank you very much for positive comments and for reading

Monday, April 23, 2007

Another Tough Day at the Runway

So, Sunday was pretty exciting. The team got their brand new kits, which look awesome. The whole team was their and raging early on. We have been talking about picking up a new rider from the UK. His name is Muerig, he's a super nice guy and a real tough guy on the bike. I guess rode pretty well in the chase group last weekend and this week ended up making the break with me.
So anyways on with the race day. We got our new kits and rode from Tom's house down to the race in Ann Arbor. The plan was to have Rob, Jim, Tom and Alvin cover some early moves and keep Brian and I protected. Brian is doing well in the Overall and we we're trying to get him the win. Well best laid plans as they say. I ended up attacking for a prime and opened up a huge gap on the field. I spend 2 laps by myself before being caught by a chase group of 3. We starting working together and opened up a small gap in 3 laps. Then for some reason or other we started loosing riders out of the break. First the Priority Health rider disappeared and then a lap later Tucker Olander was gone. So it ended up being Muerig and I for 45 laps by ourselves. We worked pretty well together. Muerig wasn't feeling well due to birthday celebrations the night before but he did enough work to give me a small rest every lap. The closest the field got again was about 12sec. In the last laps we were starting to tire out, but we had about 30seconds still on the field. Muerig led the sprint out and i jumped hard into the last corner and won the race. Another great race and i can't believe I have been able to win another one. I think I need a good pinch, but I don't want to wake up from this dream.

2 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Blogger Echelon said...

josh you are riding awesome. i think you will end up having a great year if you can avoid injury and capitalize on races you want to win. anytime you're in the area give me a call, we'll get a nice ride and some eats.

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Dan Frayer said...

Where do you want to be pinched?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home