Joshua Tarrant

I created this blog to keep track of my racing exploits. I am currently racing with a great elite team out of Michigan (Team Lathrup/Giant)formerly Ford/Giant Cycling team. This makes it easy for my family to read about my races and see pictures of me in action. Thank you very much for positive comments and for reading

Monday, April 30, 2007

Another Unbelievable Weekend

This weekend the racing schedule included Willow Run Time Trial and the last AAVC crit of the spring series. I was quietly confident going into the TT. I knew my TT skills had increased a little bit from last year and was hoping it would be enough to beat Petzold, Clark and Card. The course is a 6 lap race totally 13miles. I felt good during warm-up and headed to the start line. I got there just in time which is a little scary, i had 20seconds to spare. I started up off fast but felt i could hold the pace. I suffered a little on lap 4 but was able to pick it back up for the last 2 laps. I ended up winning the race with my best TT average ever. My computer had an average of 29.4mph. I won by about 5seconds, by no means a whooping but enough to get the W. After heading back to Kalamazoo for Tara's graduation I headed back to Ann Arbor to race with the team. The field was huge for a spring race in April. Over 80 guys!!! I was really surprised. The race was really aggressive and I felt like i had a target on my back. The team did a great job and Rob and Tom got in a break with Priority Health rider Jeff Koch. They worked hard and hung out there the whole day. I attempted to bring once but the field gave chase immediately and i was afraid it would only reel my teammates back to the field. With 20laps to Tucker Olander bridged across to the break. On lap 15 my team mate Brian Adams also bridged. I sensed the field was fatiguing so I bridged a lap later. So with 14laps to go we had 4 Lathrup riders in a break of 6. We got the gap back up to 30 seconds. Brian and Tom told me it was up to me to make the winning move. I figured with 5 to go would be a good distance for me to make a good attack. Jeff was unhappy with all of there and began to attack. Rob fell victim to one of these, and paid for all his hard work during the day. He one hell of a fighter though, a true animal on the bike. With Jeff attacking so much i figured by lap 5 he would be a little tired and Tucker would be more apt to try and come with me. I waited for him to take a pull and as soon as he swung off I made my move with 5 to go. I got a big lap and held it to the finish for the win. Brian came in for second and Tom for 4th. It was a true team victory. The way the team raced it was almost easy. I love racing with these guys. I am pretty excited about Cone coming up this weekend. I think that we will be hard to beat with everyone going well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home