Joshua Tarrant

I created this blog to keep track of my racing exploits. I am currently racing with a great elite team out of Michigan (Team Lathrup/Giant)formerly Ford/Giant Cycling team. This makes it easy for my family to read about my races and see pictures of me in action. Thank you very much for positive comments and for reading

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Some Local Races and I Pick Up Another One

This weekend i opted out of Collegiate for some races with my teammates. Saturday is the tough Waterford Course with it's usual blistering wind. The race started off hard and i rode way too aggressive from the start. Brian, Jim and I were in everything serious for the first hour of the race but nothing would stick. It was a very difficult race to read. I went really really deep to no avail. We were all blown out by the end, Vince Roberge slipped away with Tony Bruley at a nice little hesitation and capitalized and rode in for the win with Vince coming out on top. Sunday is the Ann Arbor crit with another blistering windy day. I felt that it would break apart quickly with the course and the uphill into the wind. On the 4th lap I bridged across to a nice move with Todd Elenz, Ray Dabowski, Ian Lockery, and John Meyers. We began working well and established a good lead. with about 20 laps to go Todd attacked to thin it out and we lost Ian and John. Ray, Todd and I continued to work despite Todd many attacks. He was really strong but definatley did not want it to come to a sprint between the three of us. He attacked 3 times in the last 5 laps, but Ray and I were able to stay with him. Coming into the last lap i fought for 3rd wheel for the tactical advantage, I jumped for the sprint about a third of the way up the hill and came across a bike length ahead of Todd for the win. It was a really tough race with the wind and ended up being much harder than i expected for an early race. I was very happy how well I felt considering how deep I went yesterday. I think it is showing how well conditioned my coach has gotten me this year. I am looking forward to the NRC stage races in May. I should have some photo's to post later. Thanks for reading I appreciate comments.

1 Comments:

At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was an awesome win today!

Everyone watching knew you'd have it when you first came into view on the last lap in third.

My dad snapped a pic of you crossing the line:
http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/4250/imag0018ci6.jpg


I was in the race but I got dropped early on because it got strung out on the back after only a couple laps, then got back in and hung on for quite awhile.

-Andrew F.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home