Joshua Tarrant

I created this blog to keep track of my racing exploits. I am currently racing with a great elite team out of Michigan (Team Lathrup/Giant)formerly Ford/Giant Cycling team. This makes it easy for my family to read about my races and see pictures of me in action. Thank you very much for positive comments and for reading

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Frustration and then a WIN !!!!

So Saturday i traveled to I traveled to Michigan State Univ for their "roubaix" style road race. With a over a mile of dirt roads per lap in a 12lap race, i usually get pretty excited for races like this. I enjoy the gravel roads and they always turn out to be fun races. Unfortunately it was a typical collegiate road race on a very non selective course. The wind wasn't blowing hard enough to make it difficult and it ended up being 50guys chasing us around all day and then letting the unknown guys just roll off the front with not effort at all. I got really frustrated and was upset at the way they were racing. The next day i skipped the collegiate race in Ann Arbor to try and repeat a win at Fisk Knob TT. I ended up winning the race with a great time and a good average speed. I felt really good and road a smart TT. I ended up riding the hilly windy course in 38'43" an average of 27mpr. The last 5miles of that race are so hard into a tough headwind and hard rollers. The finish up Fisk Knob is tough as well, it kicks hard and made me sick to my stomach when i was finished. All in all a good day. I also heard that Bennet won the race in Ann Arbor in a fast sprint finish. He said he won by a few bike lengths, good for him. That kid is strong as an ox. I love racing with him.

1 Comments:

At 6:35 PM, Blogger Ryan Baumann said...

Nothing like good down and dirty racing at Michigan. I'm a bit partial to that race now since Steve won. But yeah, typical collegiate road races.

Nice TT. I dream about the day that I could perhaps maybe ride that fast. Impressive ride, congrats.

Racing at Hillsbourou-Roubaix?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home