Joshua Tarrant

I created this blog to keep track of my racing exploits. I am currently racing with a great elite team out of Michigan (Team Lathrup/Giant)formerly Ford/Giant Cycling team. This makes it easy for my family to read about my races and see pictures of me in action. Thank you very much for positive comments and for reading

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Kinda figured it would happen

So, I have 3days until my first race of the season. I've made it through below zero and single digit temps for a month and a half, and now just as the weather is getting nice and it's time to race, i have the flu. Tara got sick last weekend and sure enough i caught it from her. She is feeling better though so that makes me happy that she isn't suffering anymore. If i can get the body aches and fever to subside, i will probably still ride with a sore throat and cough, but we'll have to see. I've been watching the Tour of California religiously since it started on Sunday. The race coverage has been ok, with exception to the first day. Unfortunately I saw the results for stage 3 and a couple of guys i know didn't make the time cut. Brain Dziewa and Scott Stewart must have had a bad out on the tough course, but i have to say it is pretty darn early to be doing a race that hard with that many good riders for the first time, so big props to them. Also, i am happy to see local Priority Health team being so aggresive and putting themselves in the race everyday. With Ben Jaques-Maynes in 3rd overall, Sheedy with the KOM on the first day and then Omar Kem up the road on stage 2 they are doing a great job of proving they belong there. Well, hopefully i'll be feeling better in teh next couple of days and hopefully have a race report for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home