Joshua Tarrant

I created this blog to keep track of my racing exploits. I am currently racing with a great elite team out of Michigan (Team Lathrup/Giant)formerly Ford/Giant Cycling team. This makes it easy for my family to read about my races and see pictures of me in action. Thank you very much for positive comments and for reading

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Kennsington Road Race

Kennsington Road Race is a race that i have only done twice and both times have had poor performances there. This year i felt really strong and raced strong, but something about the way i race this race doesn't work out well for me. First of all, i learned a big leason about the way i race road races. I am way too active too early in the race. Looking back Brent Bookwalter was easily the strongest rider in the field, he is talented and very strong and a much better rider than i am. He was in the 3 strong moves durring the race. I raced too aggresively and was in 6 or 7 moves which is just way too much to have any type of gas left. i wanted to make a split and get away with a good break, but it just didn't happen for me. I was able to help get Rob in the chase group by bringing him and a few others accross to Brent Bookwalter. I have definalty learned a good leason and in long road races have to be more patient. Lesson hopefully learned. next week i will be in Iowa with Priority Health as a guest racer. I will be helping out and hopefully contriubte to a good victory. We have 4 hard days of racing in a row.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home