Joshua Tarrant

I created this blog to keep track of my racing exploits. I am currently racing with a great elite team out of Michigan (Team Lathrup/Giant)formerly Ford/Giant Cycling team. This makes it easy for my family to read about my races and see pictures of me in action. Thank you very much for positive comments and for reading

Monday, April 24, 2006

Collegiate Regional Road Race

On sunday we had the collegiate regional road race outside of Danville, Illinois. The course was a short circuit with 2 walls per lap. I really like this course, I think it is a great power climbers course. The race was unfortunalty very negative and not quite hard enough to seperate the weaker riders. Everyone was racing to save their aquired points and marking the stronger riders. I made some really hard attacks and was in a few moves i thought would make it, but they just never materialized. A few riders slipped away and made 2 groups up the road. On the last lap, we caught the chase group of 5, but it still left a group of 2 up the road, 3 guys slipped away in the last 3miles and we ended up sprinting up the finishing climb for 6th place. I hit the top of the climb first and drove it to the finish line about 300yards. Jake came around me right at the line for 6th and i finished 7th. Still a good result and enough to move me up to 3rd overall in the conference. I am looking forward to nationals and to racing with the my teammates on the Ford Team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home