Joshua Tarrant

I created this blog to keep track of my racing exploits. I am currently racing with a great elite team out of Michigan (Team Lathrup/Giant)formerly Ford/Giant Cycling team. This makes it easy for my family to read about my races and see pictures of me in action. Thank you very much for positive comments and for reading

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Great racing with Ford

This weekend marks my first real races with the Ford Team. Saturday we had the Willow Run Time Trial. The course really suited me well, with 13miles in 6laps on a flat course with a lot of wind. My strategy was to utilize my power in the head wind and use the short tailwind to recover. I think i road as good of race as i could have, i felt pretty good but not as good as i felt a few weeks ago at the Purdue TT. I ended up finishing 4th. I was a little disapointed but satisfied. I guess you can't ever really be upset with a top 5. Sunday was the finally of the Ann Arbor Training Series Crit. We had 60laps to do. This was my first non TT race with the guys. I have always like the way these guys race, so i was very excited to see how it was going to go. From the start i covered a move by Danny Klein. We were gone for a few laps, and as soon as we came back Rob was off with a few guys. This pattern continued. I have to say, it was absolutley awesome to see teammate racing aggressively and countering each other moves. I have never had that before, and it just goes to show why this team is so strong. They race really hard to win. Finally with about 45 laps to go Rob D. got off with Ray Debowski and one of his teammates. I bridged accross to them and formed a break of 4. The next lap Rob punched it up the climb and dropped Ray, which in hind sight we probably should have let him stay with us. Rob and i continued kill it and opened up a pretty good gap. The wholefoods guy with us didn't contriube either because he couldn't or chose not to. We stayed away for a little over 30laps and got caught with about 13laps to go. We continued to cover attacks but with 4laps to go, it was in our interest to keep it a field sprint with Brians quick finish. With 4 to go i kept all the late attacks a resonalbe distance and then with 2 to go i stung the field out single file as hard as i could go. I took Brian and Rob into the last corner in the top 5. Brian ended up 2nd and Rob 3rd along with 2 prime wins on the day. I have to say it was one of the coolest races i've done. I've never been on a team that works this fluidly together. Everyone does their job selflessly. Even though we didn't win, it was very awesome. I have never been this excited about not placing in a race before, because i helped to contriubte to a great team effort and good result. We are definatley going to win some races this year. Tune in next weekend for Cone Azalia report.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home