Joshua Tarrant

I created this blog to keep track of my racing exploits. I am currently racing with a great elite team out of Michigan (Team Lathrup/Giant)formerly Ford/Giant Cycling team. This makes it easy for my family to read about my races and see pictures of me in action. Thank you very much for positive comments and for reading

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Tourhout Kermis

Yesterday i did my second race since i've been here. It was a 30 lap Kermis on a 3.8K circuit. The race was full throttle from the gun and never really slowed down. 2 Lords of the Kermis attacked from the gun and i spent the whole first lap bridging accross to them. I got within about 15meters when one of them looked back and saw me and said something to his companion and they both jumped and rode away from me. This was pretty demoralizing considering it was only 5 min into the race and i was already afraid i would get dropped because of my all out effort. I got swept up by the field and went immediatly back to the front where i covered a lot of attackes and launched counter attacks. After about 1.5 hr i was starting to get a little tired so i moved to the more of the middle of the pack to relax a little bit. The hard part is there really is no such thing as sitting in in these races because the attack are constant. with about 6 laps to go I went with a pretty strong move and over commited to driving the break. There were already 6 guys up the road so this was a counter attack move. Unfortunalty it only lasted about 1 lap and we were quickly picked up by the pack. I was pretty thrashed at this point and was dropped. I clawed my way back on the group and with the momentum i had i follow some wheels and cut right through the pack and back off the front instantly into another move. At this point I was absolutely fried and digging as deep as i could go. I knew that if this one came back i would probably be dropped for good. Of course it did come back and i was dropped hard again. This time i couldn't get back i dangled just off the back and was pulled from the race with about 3 laps to go. I was pretty close to finishing but with all the work i did it was pretty difficult to be there at the end. Bernard said i did a good job, but i had things to work on in order to conserve energy. I am pretty sore today and am looking forward to my massage on monday. Til next time thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home