Joshua Tarrant

I created this blog to keep track of my racing exploits. I am currently racing with a great elite team out of Michigan (Team Lathrup/Giant)formerly Ford/Giant Cycling team. This makes it easy for my family to read about my races and see pictures of me in action. Thank you very much for positive comments and for reading

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Riding From Belgium to Holland

Today a few guys on the team took me on a 3 hr ride that took us to the town of Sluis in Holland. It is pretty weird to be riding along and come to a town and oh, your in Holland now. We followed this little canal for most of the ride. The bike lanes here are pretty interesting, most roads have a nice bike lane that takes you along most of the roads, and if there isn't a bike lane then the people on the roads are usually pretty nice. The only conflict is that the roads are about half the width of ours and they all think they are F1 race car drivers. The people around here just fly. Today Jason, Ron and I had to bail down into a ditch to not get hit by an oncoming garbage truck. The weather has been great so far, temps have been good with only a little rain. I haven't been rained on the bike yet. My first race is suposed to be this Saturday. I have been talking to alot of the guys here and many of them have trouble finishing the races. The Kermesas are very fast with many turns and aggressive riding. If you get more than 3min behind the leaders you get pulled from the race. Well more to come after my first race. Thanks for reading and wish me luck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home