Joshua Tarrant

I created this blog to keep track of my racing exploits. I am currently racing with a great elite team out of Michigan (Team Lathrup/Giant)formerly Ford/Giant Cycling team. This makes it easy for my family to read about my races and see pictures of me in action. Thank you very much for positive comments and for reading

Sunday, June 05, 2005

First Race in Belgium

Yesterday i did my first race here in belgium. I still have not gotten over the jet lag and am having a little stomache problems, but i decided to do the race anyways. The race was a Kermis in a town called Dudzele north of Bruges. The race was a 118k in 15 laps. There were about 120 racers on the line for the start. The race started just like a crit ans was immediatly down to business. I got to the front of the race right away and was in the top ten going into the first heavy crosswind section. The field split right away and i made the first move. Groups began moving up to us and i did enough work to keep myself in good position the front. You kind of have to make a decsion to work slightly and keep good postion near the front or, don't work and get stuck in the gutter. The group split again and i missed the next move by a few riders. I wasn't feeling very well so i didn't try to cross to it. My legs felt ok but my body was pretty sore and my stomache was hurting alot. I made it about 1.5 hrs before they pulled the group i was in. In the kermis they pull your group if you fall more than 3 min behind the leaders. In this particular race only 4 guys finished. I have been told this is pretty common in these races. One cool thing about these races is that they only cost 3 euro and they pay 50 riders deep for payout. Well thanks for reading and more to come later.

Josh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home