Joshua Tarrant

I created this blog to keep track of my racing exploits. I am currently racing with a great elite team out of Michigan (Team Lathrup/Giant)formerly Ford/Giant Cycling team. This makes it easy for my family to read about my races and see pictures of me in action. Thank you very much for positive comments and for reading

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Best and Worst Races of the season

This past weekend i skipped out on collegiate racing to do my first Time Trial of the year. On saturday i went to Waterford to do the circuit race. Last season i had a good result there and hoped to better that this year. Unfortunatly i got a chest cold and the weather was the worst possible conditions to race a bike in with winds, rain and a temp of about 33degrees. I raced aggressivley but just didn't have much top end and had trouble breathing. I ended up finishing up in the pack with a less than impressive performance. The next day on Sunday, i went to the Fisk Knob TT to test out my new TT bike and new disk. I was a little hesitant since my chest was still hurting and i could feel the pressure. I decided to do the race anyways. The course is a rolling T shaped 17mile race. With high winds and 2 turn arounds it would prove to be a tough course. I got a good warm up and started strong. At the 10mile mark i looked down at my computer and i had been racing for 20minutes. I have never averaged 30mph in any TT for any decent length of distance. I was pretty stoked but a little worried about going too hard too early. I ended up winning the overall. I was very happy with the result and with the race. I am looking forward to the next TT with some more confidence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home