Joshua Tarrant

I created this blog to keep track of my racing exploits. I am currently racing with a great elite team out of Michigan (Team Lathrup/Giant)formerly Ford/Giant Cycling team. This makes it easy for my family to read about my races and see pictures of me in action. Thank you very much for positive comments and for reading

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Depauw Weekend


This past weekend, WMU Cycling had their first weekend of racing for the season. Sat was a 45mile rolling road race outside of Indianapolis. I was under orders from my coach to take it easy and observe the race without attacking and make and easy start to my season. This was a little frustrating for me considering how i usually like to be very aggressive and get up the road. I ended up finishing in the field for 18th place. A little frustrated but not a bad first day of racing. Sunday's race was a 70min crit on a tight course. I raced this race very aggressively and ended up in a breakaway of 7. We ended up lapping the field in about 25min. It was a very hard breakaway especially for the second race of the year. I think we were all suffering like dogs and were relieved to catch the field. With some late attacks i ended up off the front again with 4 of the original breakaway riders. Jon Swain from Marion escaped and i made the mistake of leading out the sprint thinking in could hold off Jake Rytlewski from Marion and Hans Arnsen from IU came around me so i had to settle for 4th on the day, but still decent form for the first weekend of the year. More to come from next week at Ohio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home